Forum |  HardWare.fr | News | Articles | PC | S'identifier | S'inscrire | Shop Recherche
1548 connectés 

FORUM HardWare.fr
  Hardware
  Carte mère

Honey X BIOS pour K7S5A

Mot :   Pseudo :  

Bas de page
Auteur Sujet :

Honey X BIOS pour K7S5A

n°2115624
LoX
La classe à Dallas ©
Posté le 07-01-2003 à 14:42:34  profilanswer

Je cherchais un bios me permettant de virer le "Shadow" qui peut poser probleme avec certaine CG et comme les cheepobios ne le proposaient pas j'ai trouvé ce bios.

Citation :

021029 OC BIOS release 2. (With and without FastWrites enabled)

Bases on the official 021029 ECS BIOS.

Changes as always (older OC BIOS versions):

1) The NIC module is replaced with one (Etherboot module) that works quite better than the original one, especially if you want to boot from network.

2) The Symbios module is removed to avoid troubles.

3) Some personal adjustments for stability and compatibility

New in this version:

4) PCI IDE Busmaster is enabled by default

5) Parallel port mode is set to SPP again to Fix the ACPI problem a few people did have after disabling the LPT port.

(Either Amibcp is doing something wrong while changing the mode from SPP to EPP+ECP or the BIOS just doesn´t like this to be changed with Amibcp."That´s the reason why I released this new 021029 OC BIOS version. In the previous release the mode was set to EPP+ECP." )

6) C000- DC00 shadow option is unhidden and disabled like in an AWARD BIOS (normaly hidden and set to cashed in the K7S5A BIOS) Should improve compability / Disabling does not affect performance.

The shadow option is copying the I/O ranges and ROMs of PCI devices into the memory or is cashing them to speed up their access and performance but mostly doesn´t speed anything up and additionaly causes troubles if enabled or set to cached.

Aviable FSB settings:

100.9  / 100.9 MHz  
107    / 107 MHz
110    / 110 MHz
112    / 112 MHz
124    / 124 MHz
133.9  / 133.9 MHz  
137.33 / 137.33 MHz
100    / 133 MHz
133    / 100 MHz
133    / 166 MHz
166    / 125 MHz*
143    / 143 MHz
147    / 147 MHz
150    / 150 MHz
166    / 166 MHz*  
200    / 200 MHz*

* not bootable due a PLL chip issue but can be used with software tools after booting at a lower FSB.

Btw, don´t care if it displays below the selected FSB that your Mem and CPU is for example at 100Mhz while you selected 133Mhz. This is only cosmetic, your memory and Cpu will of course run at the selected FSB.You can check this with tools like WCPUID.

Extra memory settings:

RAS Active Time: 4T,5T
RAS Precharge Time: 2T

Notes:

I have heard some people saying this BIOS is just a copy of the CheepoBIOS but that can´t be and is not true.
Best prove are the two links below. He posted his BIOS based on 021029 one day later than me and i don´t have a timemashine.

Link to the first release:
http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amot [...] =250.topic

Link to his post:
http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi [...] 7&t=002979

Also, the same people are saying it´s way slower than his one. Well, this BIOS is tweaked with stability in mind and not performance but the measured differences are within 3-5% where sometimes his is a bit faster and sometimes this one.

I can´t tell you which one you should prefer but I prefer stability with good performance. That´s the reason why I am modding the BIOS. I just can´t accept that my system crashes after a few hours of editing my captured videotapes and am loosing all I worked for in this time.

At least, should you still have some troubles with this BIOS which are not caused by the modifications itself, flash to 020429 (proven to be best working until now) and if there are troubles caused by the modifications which do not appear with the official one please report back so I can narrow them down but check before with the official one if the problem persists or not.

http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm6

Errors are human...:)

Honey.

voici le lien pour les interresés  http://k7jo.de/

Message édité par LoX le 07-01-2003 à 15:57:20
mood
Publicité
Posté le 07-01-2003 à 14:42:34  profilanswer

n°2126605
LoX
La classe à Dallas ©
Posté le 11-01-2003 à 14:02:55  profilanswer

un petit up, car j'ai jamais vu un sujet sur ce biosb (à part en anglais)

Aller à :
Ajouter une réponse
  FORUM HardWare.fr
  Hardware
  Carte mère

Honey X BIOS pour K7S5A

Sujets relatifs
update du biosréglage BIOS Gigabyte VAXP
plus d'accés au biosCONSEIL BIOS !!!!!!! (MSI K7T Pro 2a)
de VIA vers K7S5A sans formaterPb ecs k7s5a , boot mais plante durant le setup
Elite K7S5A et Win 2OOO et Win XP = ProblèmeK7S5A Freeze "aléatoires" sous XP !!!
A7A266 et bios 1.011bios bloquer à 2002 ?? dc windows aussi. merci
Plus de sujets relatifs à : Honey X BIOS pour K7S5A

Copyright © 1997-2022 Hardware.fr SARL (Signaler un contenu illicite / Données personnelles) / Groupe LDLC / Shop HFR