Forum |  HardWare.fr | News | Articles | PC | S'identifier | S'inscrire | Shop Recherche
1205 connectés 

FORUM HardWare.fr
  Réseaux grand public / SoHo
  Sécurité

How is TCP any more anonymous than UDP or ICMP?

Mot :   Pseudo :  

Bas de page
Auteur Sujet :

n°533072
leusha
Posté le 12-07-2011 à 15:50:16  profilanswer

Hello,

I started reading "Hacking Exposed" (v6) and at some points, the authors say:  

Spoiler :

"Now that he [i.e. the hacker] has your web server and associated domain name, he is going to want to
resolve this information to a specific IP address. Rather than just using something like  
the host command, which will give away his location, he uses tor-resolve, which is
included with the Tor package. Joe Hacker knows it is critically important not to use any
tools that will send UDP or ICMP packets directly to the target system. All lookups must
go through the Tor network to preserve anonymity."

Can someone explain to me what they mean by "it is critically important not to use any
tools that will send UDP or ICMP packets directly to the target system."? What is the technical explaination?

I don't see how UDP or ICMP is less anonymous than TCP, unless they say that because of Tor (which works on top of TCP)? It's been driving me crazy!

Thanks for your help.

mood
Publicité
Posté le 12-07-2011 à 15:50:16  profilanswer

n°533159
Modération
Posté le 12-07-2011 à 23:32:25  answer

I'm sorry but it's a French forum so we speak french.
There are plenty of very good techical forums in english, I can only encourage you to post there :)

Aller à :
  FORUM HardWare.fr
  Réseaux grand public / SoHo
  Sécurité

Sujets relatifs
Gateway pour convertir requete TCP/IP vers HTTPEnvoyer et bloquer des paquets TCP/IP
TCP optimizer ou Tz connection booster pour wow ?Echec de la demande paramètres TCP/IP
Débloquer ports TCP freeboxbloquage de port UDP chez orange
importation données TCP/IPJe cherche à souscrire à un Proxy payant, avec les ports TCP ouverts
Probleme de diffusion reseau en UDPPile TCP/IP hs + drivers cartes réseau suite virus
Plus de sujets relatifs à : How is TCP any more anonymous than UDP or ICMP?

Copyright © 1997-2022 Hardware.fr SARL (Signaler un contenu illicite / Données personnelles) / Groupe LDLC / Shop HFR