Forum |  HardWare.fr | News | Articles | PC | S'identifier | S'inscrire | Shop Recherche
2112 connectés 

Dernière réponse
Sujet : Comment avoir plus de mémoire conventionnelle sous Win98 ?
morchuflex Rien d'essentiel en fait... Quelqu'un d'autre peut m'aider?

Votre réponse
Nom d'utilisateur    Pour poster, vous devez être inscrit sur ce forum .... si ce n'est pas le cas, cliquez ici !
Le ton de votre message                        

Votre réponse

[b][i][u][strike][spoiler][fixed][cpp][url][email][img][*]   

[quote]

Options

Vous avez perdu votre mot de passe ?

Vue Rapide de la discussion
morchuflex Rien d'essentiel en fait... Quelqu'un d'autre peut m'aider?
morchuflex Merci beaucoup, je vais voir ça!
serveur essaye ça : (pris de www.omegacorner.com >archives>page 3 ou 4
(pour 98)

Why does people think that MS-DOS is over and Windows 95/98 is the "new" thing?  

I case you didn't know Windows 95/98 still depends in MS-DOS to function properly, but Microsoft doesn't want you to know, they want you to believe that their Windows OS is the best OS out there (Windows 95/98 is a MacOS Rip Off!) and that it don't need any help from any other programs.  

Well, this weeks TIP involves MS-DOS configuration files to SPEED UP Windows 95/98!  
Let's get started, go to START; RUN and type EDIT C:\CONFIG.SYS in the run box.  This will open the MS-DOS Editor (If you prefer you can ALT-ENTER this screen to go full screen) that Windows 95/98 installed when your computer was set-up at the factory or when you installed Windows 95/98 and will show you the contents of your main MS-DOS configuration file.  Check the commands that are written in your CONFIG.SYS, if you find that there are a LOT of things written there that could mean only one thing: S L O W  
Check if your CONFIG.SYS looks like this:  

NO??? Make it look like this!  
I'll explain the commands:  
DOS=HIGH,UMB means that the DOS code will be loaded in UPPER memory and will let the system access UPPER memory.  
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS means that the computer will use UPPER memory.  
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE AUTO RAM MIN=0 means that the computer will use EXPANDED (EMS) memory for it's memory intensive operations, will automatically search for EMS when a program asks for it, will grant access to EXTENDED (XMS) memory to the computer, and will set the starting reserved memory at "0" and expand as necessary.  
SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:1024 /P means that this is the SYSTEM COMMAND OPERATOR that the computer will use and it will reserve 1024k of memory for it's operations, will not need more than that, unless your system has a lot of SET statements in your AUTOEXEC.BAT (more on this later)  
STACKS=0,0 means that the system will not reserve DOS memory "stacks" for it's operations and thus leaving more memory available for the programs to run.  

These are the necessary commands to run Windows 95/98 at optimum performance, but if you see lines that have "other" commands and you don't know what are they for, leave them there, they may be necessary for your system to work properly (most old Compaq systems). Select FILE; SAVE and then FILE; EXIT to finish and close the EDIT window.  
Now go to START; RUN and type ATTRIB C:\MSDOS.SYS -R -S -H to set our next work file to edit mode, you will see a quick flash of a black window in your screen, don't worry, it's normal.  
Now go to RUN again and type EDIT C:\MSDOS.SYS and the DOS editor will open with the MSDOS file on screen.  
Does it looks like this?  

Well, make it like it!  

Just change the values of the items after the [OPTIONS] and before the ; because any other change can make your system UN-BOOTABLE, if one of these values is not present in your system just add it (press ENTER after a line to make a new one), but write it EXACTLY as the above example, this file is CASE-SENSITIVE.  
Select FILE: SAVE and then FILE; EXIT  

REBOOT your computer.  

This configurations will make your system go a little faster and I haven't finished, I will continue with this TIP next week, stay tuned!  

tu en as un autre sur l'autoexe .bat page 2

;)
morchuflex Ah oui, pas bête.

Mais quelqu'un pourrait peut-être me copier coller le texte de ses fichiers de démarrage?
Vectteur la plupart du temps les vieux jeux Dos du temps de win3,1 et - contiennent soit un TXT expliquant la manip pour faire une disquette boot, ou la disquette boot comme tel avec mouse.exe, mscdex.exe etc...

sinon change le titre de ton topic pour :

besoin de disquette boot pour 592ko de mem, ya p'tête quelqu'un qui en a une de fait
morchuflex Master of magic, Colonization... ce genre!
serveur c'est quoi tes jeux?
morchuflex Salut.

Question pour utilisateurs experts.
Comment maximiser la mémoire conventionnelle sous Win98se pour de vieux jeux qui veulent au moins 592 Ko  et de la mémoire paginée pour se lancer?
Pouvez-vous me donner un autoexec.bat et un config.sys idéaux?
Merci d'avance.

Copyright © 1997-2022 Hardware.fr SARL (Signaler un contenu illicite / Données personnelles) / Groupe LDLC / Shop HFR