Forum |  HardWare.fr | News | Articles | PC | S'identifier | S'inscrire | Shop Recherche
1200 connectés 

FORUM HardWare.fr
  Ordinateurs portables
  Portable

QOSMIO X870- CPU DOWNGRADE- NEED HELP

Mot :   Pseudo :  

Bas de page
Auteur Sujet :

n°1510920
dl1234
Posté le 11-02-2017 à 20:07:01  profilanswer

Hi i have a qosmio(x870) . My CPU wouldnt start the computer anymore, just red lights after getting water in the mobo and changing that mobo. I got a new mobo (refurbished from china) and I installed the cpu and it would not start. I had that lower processor lying around so i installed it to test, and it is working, but with limitations :

The laptop screen isnt working; even after changing the lcd dispay. I bought a new connector taht i will install shortly to make sure its not an external component defect.

Other problem : It goes straight past the BIOS screen. I tried every button and everything. It just directly boots to windows, i don't get a toshiba/ qosmio spashscreen or anything. and no way to get into bios, even after upgrading bios firmware.  

I HAVE TESTED:

Memories : Ram memtests have been done and passed 100%. Also i should say that the repair shop i bought it to says that 4 memories wouldnt work anymore, but ports work individually in any combinaison (so board with new cpu now only takes 2 sticks of ram instead of 4)

On an external display, everything works perfectly fine. be it hdmi or vga, i have no problems at all on an external screen i can game in 1080p with the laptop so im prety sure the GTX670M is still fine (video card).  

I would like to have some expert feedback on this... Could this be caused by an incompatible CPU, or should i just point out the fault to a faulty motherboard??  

Is there anything i can do to REALLY test the old CPU; its lighting up 2 lights and it starts the computer but all i get is red lights, no display, even the cpu/gpu fan isnt turning... So what could this mean?
Is there some trick to be able to access the bios on an external monitor to try and get it to do a hardware check or something... I tried everything from INSIDE the OS (windows 10) but nothing works.  
I was going to try re-installing windows 8 since its what came with the laptop and the drivers i find are mostly for windows 8...  

Thanks for your time! Hope someone can help me

mood
Publicité
Posté le 11-02-2017 à 20:07:01  profilanswer

n°1510932
dl1234
Posté le 11-02-2017 à 23:53:46  profilanswer

EDIT : THE NEW CPU IS A 3520m, and has hd 3000 graphics versus the 3630qm with 4000, would this affect monitor function?

n°1510992
thekiller3
Modérateur
Posté le 13-02-2017 à 08:13:07  profilanswer

Sorry man, it's a french speaking forum only here, you are at the wrong place...
you must go on a UK or US forum for help. ;)

Aller à :
Ajouter une réponse
  FORUM HardWare.fr
  Ordinateurs portables
  Portable

Sujets relatifs
pc portable toshiba qui s est mis en sécurité ! helpHelp ! Votre avis sur ce pc portable gamer HP
Help please! BOOTMGR absentAsus UX510 tempature CPU
[HP PROBOOK 430] accés au bios impossible help[help] remettre freedos sur un msi
Pâte thermique sur résistances CPU, normal ou pas ?Ventilateur pc porteur hs (help)
[Help] PC Hybrid - Carte micro SD non reconue au demarageImage qui clignote/disparait suivant inclinaison, Asus S301, help!
Plus de sujets relatifs à : QOSMIO X870- CPU DOWNGRADE- NEED HELP

Copyright © 1997-2022 Hardware.fr SARL (Signaler un contenu illicite / Données personnelles) / Groupe LDLC / Shop HFR